Since 2010, the University of Abomey-Calavi (UAC) has set up professional courses in the field of renewable energies: these are the Master and bachelor degree in renewable energies and energy systems. The graduates from these courses are already on the job market at the national and international level. The UAC has obtained funding from the MasterCard Foundation to strengthen the entrepreneurial and leadership capacities of young students in order to make them job creators and change agents in their community.
Part of this funding is aimed at reinforcing the capacities of the incubates of the UAC Startup Valley of the foundation of the University of Abomey-Calavi (FUAC). The UAC Startup Valley has recruited its 3rd promotion in 2016 and for the first time, it received projects on renewable energies. To better guide and frame the incubates, it needs informative resources on the one hand to accompany the young people who are interested in the renewable energy sector and on the other hand to accompany the construction and the exploitation of the techno poles of the FUAC that will generate energy from renewable sources.
The objective of this study is to identify and evaluate the entrepreneurial opportunities in the field of renewable energies in the various development poles of Benin.
In a specific way, it will be:
- To make a literature review on the opportunities for the creation of companies in the field of renewable energies;
- To produce or update the mapping of renewable energy sources in Benin by integrating the necessary parameters for implementing projects in the field of renewable energies;
- Identify the dominant sources and their energy potential for each area by specifying the zoning criteria;
- Define business-creation poles for each renewable energy source, taking into account the rural electrification Code and other related regulations and previous achievements of donors and other actors Involved in the field of energy. For the current situation, specify the techno-economic data of the solvent energy demand;
- Propose the means of taking the gender into account in the renewable energy sector.
The firm/study Office must justify the following qualifications:
- Have proven expertise in promoting renewable energy sources, creating and supporting the development of small and medium-sized enterprises and in the issue of renewable energies in Benin;
- Have a senior consultant in entrepreneurship, Socio-economics or development with a good knowledge of the issues of energy for development and a good knowledge of the rural sector of developing countries in general and of Benin in particular with a master1/2 degree. He or she will have to justify an experience of at least ten (10) years in the conduct of similar work with the evidence of execution of the missions;
- Have a renewable energy specialist with a master1/2 degree in renewable energies with at least three (03) years of experience;
- Have a mapping or geographic information System (GIS) specialist with a master1/2 degree in cartography or geographic information system (GIS) with at least three (03) years of experience for the geographical positioning of the Targeted and characterized potential;
- Have a good knowledge of the training environments in the field of renewable energies.
The firms and studies cabinets can download the Terms of reference in the “News” section on the following websites www.fondationuac.org, www.uacstartupvalley.com, www.uac.bj and www.mcfsp-uac.bj. They may request the ToR by sending an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The may also go to the Secretariat of the Foundatiomn of the University of Abomey-Calavi located in front of the Town Hall of Abomey-Calavi no later than August 16, 2017 at 12pm.
Proposals are being accepted until August 31, 2017 at 12pm.
Signed in Abomey-Calavi on 10 August 2017
The Executive Director of the foundation of the University of Abomey-Calavi