The establishment of a professional training and integration policy in the field of information and communication technologies … targeting young people and based on the development of value chains is a priority. The University of Abomey-Calavi (UAC) has obtained funding from the MasterCard Foundation to strengthen the entrepreneurial and leadership capacities of young students in order to make them jobs creators and agents of change in their Community. Part of this funding is aimed at building the capacity of the incubates of UAC Startup Valley of the foundation of the University of Abomey-Calavi (FUAC.)
This open consultation is part of this dimension and aims to identify opportunities for the creation of enterprises in the field of information and communication technologies to strengthen the capacity to create businesses in Young project holders framed by UAC Startup Valley and to impact the development of Benin through several economic sectors.
The overall objective of this study is to identify key sectors in Benin in which information and communication technologies can impact development by taking into account the Government’s action program 2016-2021 On the one hand and a prospective study. Specifically, it will be:
- To make a literature review and an inventory fixtures of ICT integration in Benin in the economic sectors;
- Identify the opportunities for the creation of enterprises presented by information and communication technologies in key sectors (in relation to the Government Action Plan) for the economic development in Benin;
- Identify by key sector the different priority sub-sectors;
- Use a SWOT analysis (strengths, Weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) by presenting the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threat in the field of information and communication technologies related to the identified sub-sectors’ priority;
- Identify opportunities for the creation of information and communication technology enterprises based on the value chains and market needs;
- Propose approaches for the integration of young graduates from universities in the priority sectors identified for the use of information and communication technologies.
The firm/study Office must justify the following qualifications:
- Have proven expertise in the information and communication technologies sector in the context of Benin, in creating and supporting the development of small and medium-sized enterprises;
- Have a senior consultant with a master1/2 degree in information and communication technologies or similar sciences. He will have to justify an experience of at least five (05) years in the conduct of similar work with the evidence of execution of the missions;
- Have a professional specialist in digital entrepreneurship with a master1/2 degree and at least 3 years of experience;
- Have a specialist in socio-economics and related areas with a master1/2 degree and at least 3 years of experience;
- Have an information and communication technologies specialist with a master1/2 degree and at least 3 years of experience
The firms and studies cabinets can download the Terms of reference in the “News” section on the following websites www.fondationuac.org, www.uacstartupvalley.com, www.uac.bj and www.mcfsp-uac.bj. They may request the ToR by sending an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The may also go to the Secretariat of the Foundatiomn of the University of Abomey-Calavi located in front of the Town Hall of Abomey-Calavi no later than August 16, 2017 at 12pm.
Proposals are being accepted until August 31, 2017 at 12pm.
Signed in Abomey-Calavi on August 10, 2017
The Executive Director of the foundation of the University of Abomey-Calavi